This Breakfast Coconut Milk Quinoa with Fresh Fruit is the perfect way to start off the day – it’s packed with protein and nutrients.
Did you enter our Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa Giveaway?
Looking for a new healthy breakfast idea? Give this Breakfast Coconut Milk Quinoa with Fresh Strawberries and Bananas a whirl. Quinoa is cooked in coconut milk with a touch of vanilla, sweetened with raw coconut sugar and topped off with some fresh fruit (strawberries and bananas in this case).
Quinoa has become so popular these days because of its health benefits. Not only is it high in protein, but it’s a great source of vitamin B6, folate, iron, and zinc. One cup of cooked quinoa has 180 calories, 2 grams fiber and 7 grams protein.
Now that quinoa is so popular and readily available, you can find it in all different varieties – white, red, and tri-color. I like to switch things up and use different varieties depending on my mood.
For all of you quinoa lovers, I hope you’ll give this Breakfast Coconut Milk Quinoa with Fresh Fruit a try. It’s the perfect way to start off your day!
Watch my video to see how easy this is to make.
For more quinoa recipes, click here: More Quinoa Recipes.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained well
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons organic raw coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sliced bananas
- additional coconut milk or almond milk, as desired for serving
- Place quinoa, coconut milk, water, sugar, vanilla and salt in saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with toasted coconut, almonds, strawberries and bananas.