This Roasted Chili Orange Salmon can be made in less than thirty minutes. Topped with a fresh fruit salsa, it’s a light and beautiful dinner.
I came up with this Roasted Chili Orange Salmon the other day when I made some fresh Peach Kiwi Avocado Pepper Salsa. Although my kids love chips and salsa, I was hoping they’d try it with fish.
My boys typically don’t like cooked salmon. There’s something about the strong flavor that they dislike. However, served with a bright, fruity, tangy salsa on top, they ate every bite. Interesting.
My theory is that my kids are visual eaters, and that they probably found the contrast in colors especially inviting.
Years ago, I remember serving my kids a plate of roasted cauliflower, mashed potatoes and roast chicken. Everything was white. They remarked about the lack of color on their plate, and although they admitted that everything tasted great, that it just wasn’t all that appealing.
- ¼ cup white wine
- 10 ounces salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1½ tablespoons organic light brown sugar
- Peach Kiwi Avocado Pepper Salsa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray baking pan with no-stick cooking oil. Pour wine into baking pan. Place salmon fillet on top. Sprinkle chili powder, oregano, garlic, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until just cooked through. Cooking time will depend on thickness of fish.
- Serve with Peach Kiwi Avocado Pepper Salsa.