Grilled Salmon with Spicy Korean Chile Pepper Sauce Recipe

by Jeanette on June 24, 2013 · 31 Comments
1.1K Flares Twitter 7 Facebook 48 Pin It Share 872 Google+ 128 StumbleUpon 2 Email -- Filament.io 1.1K Flares ×

This Spicy Korean Grilled Salmon is a quick and easy way to prepare fish, packed with spice and umami. Perfect for a lazy summer night.

Spicy Korean Salmon with Napa Cabbage Salad © Jeanette's Healthy Living

I used to be intimidated at the thought of cooking fish at home. Over the years, I’ve learned how to prepare fish in a healthy and delicious way, and discovered how quick and easy it is. Fish is actually just as versatile as chicken once you get over the fear factor. It can be grilled, baked, steamed, and stir-fried.
Spicy Red Chile Pepper Korean Salmon with Napa Cabbage Salad © Jeanette's Healthy Living

Grilled salmon is one of my favorite during the summer – salmon is naturally high in heart healthy fat and stays nice and moist when cooked properly.
If you’re worried about the fish sticking to your grill, place the fish on a lightly greased piece of foil and put this directly on the grill. You don’t even have to turn the fish over if you cover the grill during cooking time. There’s no cleanup afterwards either.

I’m adding this Spicy Korean Grilled Salmon to my growing collection of fish recipes.

Note: Be sure to read the label on the gochujang container as some brands contain wheat.

More Fish Recipes:

Grilled Salmon with Spicy Korean Chile Pepper Sauce

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 3-4

You can use any flaky fish such as cod or sable fish.

Ingredients

• 1 pound salmon fillet
  • Spicy Korean Red Pepper Marinade
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon gluten-free Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang)
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

Directions

1. Mix marinade ingredients together. Spread on all sides of salmon fillet. Let marinade for 20 minutes. Grill until just cooked through.

Notes

If you are gluten-free, be sure to read the label on the gochujang container. Some brands contain wheat.

Comments

1. This really sounds delicious. I’m liking the new granulated Stevia products so I’d probably sub that for sugar.

2. Mmm, wonderful. I love new salmon dishes because I eat so much of it.

Carolyn – this is a great way to mix things up if you like salmon. I’m always trying new ways to eat fish.

3. This looks and sounds wonderful! I am always looking for new fish dishes to make and I love your addition of gochujang – gives this dish a great kick :)

Thanks Kelly – I love gochujang and it’s great on this fish, adds lots of great flavor easily.

4. That red pepper marinade sounds fantastic! My brother loves spicy things so I’m definitely going to have to make this for him.

5. Looks so good, Jeanette, I love salmon!

6. That looks awesome Jeanette – we are eating a lot of Salmon right now b/c it’s so abundant here and cheap. I am printing this!

7. What a scrumptious way to prepare salmon, Jeanette! This looks so delicious. My hubby would LOVE the spicy sauce!

Thanks Georgia – hope your hubby likes the sauce – it’s not super spicy, but has a kick to it with some sweetness.

8. I love Korean red pepper paste and I’m always looking for new ways to use it.

Lydia – gochujang is addictive isn’t it? I love it on this fish, and almost anything I can think of.

9. I love how spiced up this is! Exactly how I like my salmon.

10. Great recipe!

11. I love that you’ve conquered your fear of cooking fish. I know so many people who are afraid of ruining expensive pieces of meat so they avoid it. The sauce here is a must for me.

Shaina – so funny how easy fish is to cook, yet for some reason so many people (including me) think it’s hard to prepare properly. The key I’ve found is to make sure you don’t overcook it. This sauce is amazing – I use it on all different types of fish and have never been disappointed.

12. Thanks so much for taking the intimidation out of cooking salmon! You’re right – it does stay moist and I find its a fish that is actually quite forgiving to cook. Excellent recipe!

Thanks Kim – isn’t it funny how intimidating fish can be, yet once you realize how easy it is to make, it can become a quick and easy meal for dinner almost any night.

13. We love gochujang and pairing it with salmon makes perfect sense! I can’t wait to try it!

Juliet – this is one of my favorite sauces – I hope you have a chance to give it a try!

• We made it over the holiday weekend and it was delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

Juliet – so glad you enjoyed this recipe! It is one of my favorites and I love trying it on all different fish. Thanks so much for stopping back and letting me know how it turned out.

14. Oh my gosh… I couldn’t even make it through all the pictures before drooling all over my keyboard! I honestly suck at cooking fish, but this looks far too good to pass up on. Thanks!

15. Thanks for this..im going to try this recipe tonight;)